Friday, December 7, 2012

Better than the best


I am a huge fan of American and British television shows. I would go so far as to say that I am addicted to them. Two of my favourite shows of all times have been Dexter and Fringe. I used to swear on my life that those were two of the most intriguing shows I had ever laid eyes on. However, recently I came across a couple of shows that made both these favourite shows of mine seem lame and only mildly interesting at best.

I was stunned and it got me thinking that this happens more often than not in life; just when we think that this is it, it can’t get better than this, life proves us wrong by throwing at us something better than the best. All it requires out of us is some patience. Why can’t we wait? Why do we want what we want exactly when we want it? Why is it so hard to believe that life has bigger plans for us? Sometimes we put up with something that we think is the best thing that has ever happened to us, we feel like letting go of it would be worse than death itself. In the process we end up hurting ourselves, time and again, and yet we don’t instead choose to move on and wait for what awaits us in the future.

If there is anything that I have learnt it is that life always has something better to offer. Just before I had come to this city, I had had a bad falling out with one of my best friends. It was devastating. And just when I thought that the kind of friendship I had seen portrayed ‘Friends’ was a myth and too good to be true, I met this extraordinary person who restored my faith in friendship and in fate itself. Today we are almost like soul sisters and I shudder to think how barren life was before I had discovered this bond. All I had to do was wait, have patience, and I finally found the kind of BFF I had always been looking for.

Don’t go through unnecessary pain and tolerate cruelty and injustice at the hands of someone who doesn’t value you enough just cos you are afraid that you may miss out on the best thing that ever happened to you. If it was really that great or meant to be, would it be so difficult and painful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment