Friday, April 12, 2013

Is it a Girl? Is it a Woman? No, it’s a Prototype!


Sometimes I wonder what Eve, the first woman on earth looked like. Did Adam fall for her just because she was the only woman on planet earth, or did she have a specific look and bodily dimensions that lead to the ‘ideal women’ being condemned to have those specific attributes? I have very basic knowledge about Adam and Eve, however I would like to know what lead to everyone figuring out what a perfect woman should look like. What is all the hue and cry about size 0, and the 36-24-36 dimensions?

If you look back into history, in the 18th century, the common belief was that if a woman was heavy and voluptuous, it meant that she was intelligent, and would bear healthy children. Well, we know how long that lasted! I wonder what it is like in the minds of all those women who put themselves through starvation and degradation, who deny themselves FOOD to look like a sack of bones. What is it, is it so that more and more men would tail you like a pack of wolves? Is that it? Or is it a self esteem issue? Like Sheldon Cooper would ask, “Is your bodily mass somehow connected to your self-worth?”

I myself am a UK size 18, and I will not deny that there have been times when I myself have wished that I was thinner, but not a sack of bones, NEVER a sack of bones. Then I give myself a good punch (I can do that now, with all the basic kickboxing training I have had) and remind myself that it doesn’t matter. Why do we want to be like every other ‘skinny chic’ we encounter? Society has fed us with this bullshit long enough, and now we feel like anything more than ‘skinny’ is just unacceptable. Its like creating robots, the next one is going to be just like the last one. Why do we let others decide what we must look and be like?



The most appalling thing that I find is that women themselves look down upon other women for the way they look. I mean come on bitches, don’t we have the male population to make us feel bad enough? Do we have to turn against each other too? Since time immemorial, we have asked the question, “Can men and women be ‘just friends’?” however, the real question is can women be friends without biting each other’s heads off! Okay, that’s a completely different train wreck of a thought process, and let’s leave the opening of that Pandora’s Box to another rainy day.

Coming back to the million dollar question, why do we want to be yet another prototype? I am by no means saying that you must simply forget about your health and indulge in complete gluttony, but why deny yourself the occasional pleasure of a delicious, soft, freshly baked chocolate cake for a dude who looks like something Thor coughed up and spat out? Here are two pictures below, which one would you choose?






No comments:

Post a Comment